Thursday, March 10, 2011

Going Green....

....or orange or whatever color you like.

So, I was reading a health magazine last weekend while relaxing at Lake Arrowhead with friends.  I found a smoothie recipe that was green using spinach, fruit and a touch of yogurt.  It sorta intrigued me and I thought I am going to try that when I get home.  After work I picked up some spinach and fresh pineapple, green grapes and headed for the house.  I, of course, had to change up the recipe a little.  When I opened my refrigerator I remembered that I had a big box of fresh basil sitting there.  Hmmm, now basil is a part of the mint family, so why not?  I love basil and I've used it in fruit salad in the past, so in a smoothie in place of the spinach this time, go for it.  I also added some strawberries I had and fresh squeezed orange juice, banana and some ice cubes.

Oh my......how delish!  The basil was a fantastic added flavor.  I will make this again and use basil.  I will also be making the spinach version soon as well.  Just think of all the vitamins and minerals that smoothie will have.


Now you could call that your St. Patrick's smoothie.

OR

You could throw together some other fruit and just have a fresh homemade fruit smoothie so the fruit in the refrigerator doesn't begin to grow anything green on it!

Tonight a cold fruit smoothie just sounded good and refreshing as a dessert.  I simply threw a mango, banana, strawberries, grapes, fresh squeezed orange juice and some ice cubes into the blender and hit the button. 
Sooooooo yummy!


This is the orange fruite smoothie!  Such original names, huh?

DRINK UP, FRESH AND HEALTHY.

Coming soon.....special events menus.


No comments:

Post a Comment